For day 16 of the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp 2 Ashlea Cornell was the guest designer and her technique was watercolor washes, creating beautiful, vibrant background with different mediums.
For this background I used a mix of red, orange, and yellow Distress Inks on Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper. These were a little harder to get a smooth blend than using the Tombo Watercolor Pens, but I think they turned out pretty. I decided to use them to die cut a couple of Altenew 3D Fantasy Florals.
I arranged the flowers and leaves in the lower left of a stitched rectangle panel that was embossed using the Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder. Adhering them directly to the panel with liquid glue. For the top flower I used a little bit of low loft foam tape on the right of the flower to keep it even with the stacked flower it was resting on.
I wanted a sentiment that wouldn’t cover up too much of these lovely flours and decided on one from Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday, stamped on black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was cut into a strip using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Lable. Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the strip on the right to keep it level with the portion resting on the flower.
I always love cards created with these beautiful 3D flowers.
- Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
- Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D
- Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Barn Door, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage
- Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 3M .125” Low Loft Foam Tape