For day 16 of the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp 2 Ashlea Cornell was the guest designer and her technique was watercolor washes, creating beautiful, vibrant background with different mediums.
ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers were used for this watercolor wash, creating a rainbow of stripes. I separated the red and orange at the top and bottom of the panel.
I decided to use the My Favorite Things Modern Morocco Background. Watercolor paper is very thick and a few of the tiles did not come out of the die cut when removing the die. I liked the look of this and decided to leave a few of them in place. It was adhered over the watercolor wash with liquid glue.
I decided to use the My Favorite Things Cupcake and Sprinkles Die for the focal image. I also used a sentiment from the stamp set that was released at the same time as the die. I stamped it in two lines so that there was enough room for the cupcake to the left of the sentiment. It was stamped on black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. The sentiment was cut using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label. The yellow strip in the watercolor wash was covered up by the sentiment so I used yellow for the cupcake frosting. The cupcake was adhered to the sentiment strip and both were adhered to the card front with foam tape.
- My Favorite Things Sugar Coated Sentiments
- My Favorite Things Modern Morocco Background
- My Favorite Things Cupcake & Sprinkles Die
- ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 020 Red, 080 Violet, 037 Cornflower Blue, 031 Cobalt Blue, 041 Light Green, 050 Yellow, 023 Scarlet Red
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder