Day 17 of the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp was taught by Julie Ebersole. I love her style of cardmaking, which is clean and simple design. She took a “happy” die and cut it three times from a rectangle of cardstock. She used watercolors to add a rainbow of color behind the die cuts. The die cut words were used on three different cards.
I had used a similar design for a card a couple of days ago, so I went through my word dies to find one that could work for creating multiple cards. I decided on the word “hugs” and adding the word “sending” as a secondary sentiment.
For this first card I die cut a rectangle using Ellen Hutson’s Essential Rectangle from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock. This also cuts a thin rectangle frame. From the rectangle I cut the word “hugs” three times. A larger rectangle was cut from watercolor paper and then pink ZIG Real Brush Markers were used to add an ombre of color behind the die cut words.
3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was cut to fit behind the words, covering the entire back of the rectangle and then adhered to larger watercolored rectangle. The sentiment panel was adhered to a topi folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. I liked the look, but decided to add the thin frame, giving it a pink ombre color with Copic Markers. I liked the pop of color this added
The secondary sentiment was stamped onto black cardstock and heat embossed white. Since there was already a lot of dimension to the card, it was adhered directly to the card front.
Watercolor paper has an ivory/off-white hue and the white cardstock used to cut the word panel was very white against the watercolor background, so I pulled out my Copic Marker E0000, which is the lightest ivory color that I have and colored the entire sentiment rectangle, which then blended much better with the watercolor cardstock.
As a final embellishment pink sequins were scattered around the words and the card was done.
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Hugs
- Hero Arts Joy
- ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 027 Dark Pink, 202 Peach Pink, 026 Light Pink
- Copic Markers: RV17, RV55, RV52; E0000
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black and Ivory Cardstock
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle
- Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Labels
- Be Creative Double-Sided Tape
- Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Buttons Galore Think Pink Mix Sequins