I had seen a video with Jennifer McGuire using this die and loved it. I too love the results of this card, but it was very time consuming to color and then paper piece each of the flowers and leave back into the background.
First the largest My Favorite Things Rectangle STAX was used to cut Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock. Next the Altenew Spring Shower Cover Die was placed on the rectangle and run through the Big Shot a second time. Both are the same size, so Post-it Tape was used to hold it in place while die cutting.
Copic Markers were used to color all of the die cut flowers and leaves. Colors used are listed below. I had watched Nicole Spohr cover the back of a panel to be paper pieced with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape. This eliminates the need to add adhesive to each item and also adds dimension when it is added to the cardbase.
After each piece was adhered back in place I pulled some clear Rhinestones from my stash of supplied and added them to the centers of the flowers. I wanted the background to show as much as possible and so the sentiment from Hero Arts Birthday Messages was stamped on a then strip of Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Detailed White Embossing Powder. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back and it was adhered to the bottom third of the card.
- Altenew Spring Shower Cover Die
- Copic Markers: RV13, RV11, RV10; R08, R05, R02; Y08, Y06, Y04; B26, B24, B23; B39, B37; V17, V15, V12; R35, R46; YG99, YG95, YG93; G46, G24; YG25, YG03; G28, G07; C2
- Hero Arts Birthday Messages
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Gina K. Designs 120# White and Black Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Clear Rhinestones from Stash
- 3M ½” Foam Tape