When I got into my craft room this morning I still had all the Distress Oxide Inks out that I had used to create a rainbow background yesterday. I loved the way it had turned out and so I decided to make a couple of backgrounds before putting the ink away.
This card was inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoaststamper by Angie. She had used My Favorite Things Stitched Flowers dies and created an amazing card. You can see it at: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2875951?&si=stitched+flowers. I loved the white flowers against her bright blue background. I decided to use a rainbow background instead.
Angie had yellow centers to her flowers, I decided to use white glitter cardstock so the bouquet remained totally neutral, since there was so much color going on with the background. I love the way it looks against the rainbow background. The background was cut using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle.
I arranged the flower bouquet, picked it up with Glad Press ‘n Seal and added liquid glue to the bottom flowers. Three of the upper flowers were adhered using on layer of 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape, and the top flower was adhered with two layers of foam tape.
For the sentiment I pulled out Mama Elephant’s Script Happy die and cut it once from white glitter cardstock and another three times from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock. They were adhered together using Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive. I placed the die cut word on the background to determine where to stamp the secondary sentiment, which is from SugarPea Designs Simply Fabulous, stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. The word happy was then adhered using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8″ smaller than the rainbow panel and adhered to the back. A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. The rainbow panel was adhered to the front with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and the card was done.
- My Favorite Things Stitched Flowers Dies
- My Favorite Things Jungle Vibes
- Mama Elephant Happy Script Die
- SugarPea Designs Simply Fabulous
- Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Shaded Lilac
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents White Glitter Cardstock
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte