I bought this stamp set specifically for my daughter-in-law Monica who is Mexican American. She loves sugar skulls and I knew it would make a great birthday card for her.
I had seen Kelly Latevola use this stamp with Clearly Besotted Layer Chrysanthemums. For my card I paired the Simon Says Stamp Sugar Skull stamp set with Clearly Besotted’s One in a Million Stamp Set. Both were stamped on Neena Classic Crest 80# White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped the skull first and then masked it to stamp the flower bouquet.
Monica’s favorite colors are a deep, dark red and black. So I used the following Copic Markers: Copic Markers: R89, R59, R39, R37; RV09, RV06, RV04; C9, C8, C6, C3, C1; BG49, BG15; G28, G94, G07
Once the coloring was complete I die cut the image using the rectangle from Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes and added a rectangle cut 1/8” larger to the back using Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive. I had a lot of room at the bottom of the panel and so I pulled the sentiment from Papertrey Ink’s Think Big Favorites #24 and stamped it below the sugar skull with Hero Hues India Ink Black.
I felt that it was missing something to complete the image so I found some Recollections Adhesive Rhinestone Swirls and added them around the focal image. It was the perfect embellishment.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the focal image and then it was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the card was done.
- Simon Says Stamp Sugar Skull
- Clearly Besotted One in a Million
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #24
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- Copic Markers: R89, R59, R39, R37; RV09, RV06, RV04; C9, C8, C6, C3, C1; BG49, BG15; G28, G94, G07
- Simon Says Stamp Bundles of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Silhouette Cameo
- Gina K. Designs 120# White and Black Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones Swirls