I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and saw this Mixed Media Die set from Sizzix. I thought they might make some nice cards and you can’t beat their 40% Off Coupon.
This is my least favorite of the three dies included. To me it looks like an envelope flap, but the intricate detail is pretty. My friend purchased them as well and she used a portrait orientation and I think that looks better.
I decided to back the die with gold mirror cardstock. It was adhered to the back with dotliner adhesive. You have to be careful using this because you can get little bits outside of the die cuts. Once the two where adhered together they were run through the Big Shot with a stitched rectangle die.
The sentiment is from Penny Black’s Special Sentiments set. It was stamped with VersaMark Ink in the lower right and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
Sticky back foam was added to the back of the panel and it was then adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase.
- Sizzix Thinlits Mixed Media Dies 662688
- Penny Black Special Sentiments
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle