While we were traveling between Sioux Falls and Rapid City, South Dakota we had a tire blow out on on our 5th wheel trailer. We were in the middle of nowhere without good cell phone coverage, trying to contact roadside assistance when two angles arrived. Chris and Christine Elwell were from Kalamazoo, Michigan on their way to Mount Rushmore. Chris, a journeyman mechanic, had all the tools and the willing heart and hands to help us change our tire. I wanted to create a thank you card for them that would be waiting when they got home, so I pulled out my limited supplies and created this card.
While guys aren’t really into flowers, it’s what I had on hand. I kept the color scheme without any pinks or purples. I would have used blue, since most guys really like that color, but alas there aren’t many blue flowers.
I first stamped the image in a light ink in the MISTI onto some 80# Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, leaving the stamp in place. I used Copic Markers to color the image and put it back into the Misti and stamped it again with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold. It was then die cut using the coordinating die. I used the coordinating die to cut some sticky back foam and trimmed it down with my scissors and added it behind the flower image.
A stitched rectangle was used to cut a quarter sheet of cardstock and then embossed it with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to add visual interest behind the flower bouquet. The sentiment was cut from some gold mirror cardstock. The bouquet and sentiment were adhered to the embossed panel using liquid glue and then the panel was adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase.
- Honey Bee Stamps Everything Wonderful
- Simon Says Stamp Bold Thanks Die
- Copic Markers: R27, R24, R22, R21; Y38, Y35, Y32, V09, V06,V01; YR18, YR16, YR14; YG97, YG93; YG67, YG63, Y05; G46, G43, G20
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock