I think this is my favorite Christmas card so far. It it fairly quick and easy to make and it is such a wonderful message.
I cut a scalloped rectangle from some layering weight ivory cardstock and then stamped the message with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold. I tried stamping the message first and then die cutting, but found it easier to make sure the message was centered on the rectangle when cutting it first and then stamping the message.
Hero Arts Christmas Rose Background was stamped onto Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. It was then cut with the largest scalloped rectangle and adhered to a side folding ivory cardbase with dot liner adhesive. The sentiment was then adhered in the center with liquid glue adhesive.
The poinsettia was cut from ivory cardstock and colored with Copic Markers, but to mass produce it will be easier to cut from red cardstock and just add some depth and dimension with the Copic Markers. The center of the poinsettia was cut from gold mirror cardstock. All the layers were adhered using liquid glue and then it was placed in the opening at the upper right of the card.
A quick and easy card to create.
- Hero Arts Christmas Rose
- Honey Bee Stamps Miracle of Christmas
- Hero Arts Layering Poinsettia
- Copic Markers: R37, R29, R27, R24, R22; G29, G24, G21; R39, G29, G46, G21
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight and Layering Weight Ivory Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Find Detail Gold Embossing Powder