The Online Card Class Introduction to Color Theory has not only changed how I watercolor, but it has changed how I select colors for inks and Copic Markers. This card uses analogous colors, which are side by side on a color wheel. Once you understand the theory you can see how it is used in patterned papers, which inspire a color palette for a card. I must have been in a blue, green, yellow mood because a lot of my cards lately have used this color scheme.
This is a digital image from Power Poppy that was printed and then cut using the Silhouette Cameo. Copic Markers were used to color the image and 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back for dimension.
Products used were:
- Power Poppy Layer Cake
- Technique Tuesday Many Candles
- Impression Obsession Small Candle Block
- Copic Markers: BG15, BG13, BG11; G24, G21; Y26, Y23, Y21; C4, C2, C1, C0
- Gina Designs Ink: Sweet Corn, Applemint, Turquoise Sea
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- My Favorite Things Plaid Patterns 6” x 6” Paper Pack
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock