I had this cute striped yellow paper from the Doodlebug Kraft in Color 6 x 6 Paper Pack and thought it would be a great background for this cupcake digital image from Pinterest Pin (473229863336006278). Purple is opposite yellow on the color chart and so I decided to use it as the accent color for the flowers and candle. The patterned paper was die cut using a My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangle.
I printed the image with my HP Laser Printer onto Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and then die cut around it with the PIXScan Matt and the Silhouette Cameo. I decided to use Gina K. Designs Wild Lilac Ink to stamp the sentiment from Hero Arts Birthday Message, but I didn’t use the MISTI and didn’t get a clean impression. I was pretty bummed because other yellow patterned paper I had on hand just wasn’t looking as good. What I finally decided to do was to take some plain yellow cardstock from the Recollections Essentials 6 x 6 Paper Pad and stamp the sentiment onto it, this time using the MISTI. I then fussy cut around the sentiment and adhered it directly below the cupcake.
I colored the image with Copic Markers E59, E27, E57; V09, V06, V04, V25; Y38; Y08, Y23, Y21. 3M ½” Foam Tape was added to the back for dimension. The wonky rectangle with the focal image was adhered to the top of an A2 top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the card was done.
- Pinterest Digital Stamp Pin 473229863336006278
- HP Laser Printer
- Hero Arts Birthday Messages
- Copic Markers: E59, E27, E57; V09, V06, V04, V25; Y38; Y08, Y23, Y21
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Silhouette Cameo
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Recollections Essentials 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Doodlebug Designs Kraft in Color 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangle
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive
- Gina K. Designs Wild Lilac Ink