Who doesn’t love thinking about spending time in a beautiful tropical setting. This stamp set from Stampin’ Up is lovely. I searched on the web for people who have created cards with this stamp and found a layout I liked from Stampin with Kristi. She used a red cardstock and die cut and layered her images, but the layout is similar.
I love the color red, and with a clean white background the flowers make a real statement on the card. Since I don’t have the dies yet, so I used Post-it Full Adhesive Notes for my masking. Always stamp the image you want in the front first and work your way back. It really is a fairly simple process.
I colored my images with Copic Markers and then die cut the panel with the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle. It adds such beautiful visual interest to a card. I added sticky back foam to the back for dimension and adhered it to a side folding white card.
The sentiment was a calligraphy word die cut from gold mirror cardstock. I love the color red, and it looks stunning against a white background.
- Stampin’ Up Timeless Tropical
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello
- Copic Markers: R39, R29, R24, R22; YG67, YG17, YG03
- Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Memory Box Matinee Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink