I make a lot of welcome cards for people who move into the boundaries of our church, so when I saw this new die from Hero Arts I thought it could make some good welcome cards.
I first die cut the image and tried to color them with Copic Markers, but I did not like the way it turned out. There isn’t a defined edge to the bottom of the house and it just didn’t look good. I saw Nicole Spohr do this, but she added a glitter snowbank on each of the layers near the bottom of the houses. I didn’t want a winter scene, so that didn’t work out for me.
The first time I cut the rows of house they were a little angled, so this time I made sure that the roof tops were straight so they didn’t look like they were going to fall over in a stiff breeze. I decided to die cut the different levels with different color cardstock. I used Copic Markers to only color the roof and around the doors and windows and liked this much better. I did color one house in the center of the first layer of homes to signify their new home, adding the tree , windows, and door.
I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Home Sweet Home to the front layers of houses with a dark gray ink. I ink blended the front of a top folding cardbase by masking off the top of using Distress Oxide Inks. I cut some white fluffy clouds with the Avery Elle Pierced Clouds Die.
To assemble the card I added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape behind the first and second layer of homes. The tallest, back layer of homes was adhered directly to the card front with liquid glue and then the other layers were adhered with the foam tape. The clouds were adhered with liquid glue and the card was done.
- Hero Arts Tri-Fold Edge Village Fancy Die
- Simon Says Stamp Home Sweet Home
- Avery Elle Pierced Clouds
- Copic Markers: YG17, YG05; B06, B04, B02, B01; Y08, Y04; R24, R22; C4, C7; E31, E57
- Gina K. Designs Stormy Sky Ink
- Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass and Broken China
- Blue, Yellow, Green Cardstock from Stash
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape