I recently purchased this Home Sweet Home stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. I make a lot of welcome cards for people moving into our congregation at church and thought it would make some great cards to send. This is the second card I created with this stamp. The Hawks moved in to a house four houses down from us. We gave them a cake from Desserts by Kelly, the best bakery in the area.
I stamped the image and then used the Silhouette PixScan Mat to cut it out. I’ve had a few issues with the Silhouette not cutting correctly since I got my new iPhone 11, so I cut the outline first and then used Jennifer McGuire’s tip of keeping the negative and placing some repositional to hold it in place in the Misti and then put the positive cut out in place and then stamp. It worked great.
I colored the images with Copic Markers and then needed to create my scene. I cut a slimline rectangle with a Pink Fresh Studio Stitched Rectangle. I stamped a yellow sun in the upper left of the card and I then masked off the top portion of the card with Post-it Tape and ink blended the grass with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn. I turned the Post-it Tape and then ink blended the sky with a couple of blue Oxide inks.
I pulled out my Avery Elle Pierced Clouds and decided to use the cloud boder for this card. I cut it from white cardstock and added foam tape to the back for dimension. For this card I decided to use the cut airplane pulling a banner. The banners in the stamp set weren’t the sentiment I wanted to use, so I created it in Microsoft Word, ink blended it, and die cut it with a sentiment banner. I used some platinum embroidery thread for the string on the banner and adhered it flying across the clouds. It turned out cute.
I decided to back the focal image panel with some blue cardstock from my stash so that it had a thin border. It was then adhered to a slimline cardbase and the card was done.
- Simon Says Stamp Home Sweet Home
- Copic Markers: G85, G82, G43; G29, G24; YG97, YG93; YG67, YG17, YG03; C9, C7, C6, C5, C3, C2, C1, C00; R27, R24, R22; E79, E77, E74; E19, E17, E15, E13; E33, E31, E30; E00, E000; B21; B01; Y02
- Distress Oxide Inks: Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed
- Kat Scrappiness Slimline Wonky Rectangle
- Avery Elle Pierced Clouds
- Honey Bee Sentiment Banners
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120 White Cardstock
- Blue Cardstock from Stash
- 3M ½ Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- DMC Mouline Embroidery Floss Platinum