For this card I used the Simon Says Stamp February card kit flower border, but I decided not to use the die cut windows die. Rather I created a thin rectangle of the same size to place the card sentiment.
I stamped the border onto some Canson XL 140# Watercolor Cold Press Paper with Gina K. Designs Whisper Amalgam Ink. This allowed me to have no line coloring using my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
Once the coloring was completed I used a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle to add visual interest to the focal image panel. I added a thin mat of green cardstock to draw the eye to the focal image. I used the same green cardstock to create a thin border around the sentiment rectangle.
I rarely used the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold, and Party die cuts because they are so large, but the congratulations word fit perfectly onto the thing rectangle in the middle of the flower border. I used the same real brush maker colors as the flower for the sentiment. A secondary sentiment was stamped with green ink just above the die cut word.
- Simon Says Stamp Window Frames
- Winnie & Walter The Big The Bold and Party
- Sugarpea Designs Celebrate All Things
- ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 020 Red, 023 Scarlet Red; 222 Pink Flamingo, 073 Vanilla; 043 Olive Green, 053 Yellow Green; 041 Light Green
- Canson XL 140# Watercolor Cold Press Paper
- Green Cardstock from Stash
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Asparagus Ink
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle