The last type of card I created for Senior Life Resources Northwest were Sympathy card. Sometime they loose a client and they give cards to the family members.
This first set of card uses the lovely Altenew Beautiful Day Stamp Set. This is a layering stamp. I cut down Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock to fit the image and stamped each layer five times (ten times for the flowers, since I used two). It really goes together pretty quickly with a MISTI stamping tool. The smaller flowers do not have layers, so they were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers. Once the stamping and coloring was complete the images were cutout using the coordinating dies.
I die cut a scalloped rectangle of white cardstock and laid the flowers and leaves on top to determine where to stamp the sentiment. Once it was stamped the scalloped rectangle was run through the Big Shot with the Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. This add great visual interest behind the flowers. This scalloped rectangle was adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
The small flower bunch and the leaves were adhered to the embossing panel with liquid glue. The back flower was adhered using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape and the top flower with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape, which has a higher loft.
- Altenew Beautiful Day
- Avery Elle With Sympathy
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
- Altenew Inks: Wisteria, Ultraviolet, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades
- Copic Markers: G21, G20; V25, V20; YR23
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Glitter Drops Golden Sunset
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock