This last set of sympathy cards created for Senior Life Resources Northwest uses Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Thanks.
I first stamp the image onto a quarter sheet of Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and then colored it with Copic Markers. When the coloring was complete it was stamped again using VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. The image then cutout using the coordinating die.
To add visual interest behind the flowers a panel of white cardstock was cut using a stitched rectangle die and then dry embossed using the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. This panel was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
I tried using 3M 1/2″ Foam tape and cutting it down to fit behind the stems and flowers, but it was time consuming. I finally used the coordinating die to cut out sticky back foam and adhered the flower arrangement onto. The flower bouquet was then adhered to the embossed panel with liquid glue.
For the sentiment I pulled out some yellow cardstock I had in scraps and stamped the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold. It was cut down using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label. Small pieces of sticky back foam was added to either side of the strip, leaving the center open where the stems were on the bouquet. It was adhered using liquid glue.
- Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Thanks
- Memento Tuxedo Black
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers: Y08, Y06, Y02, Y00; YG57, YG17, YG03
- Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Yellow Cardstock from Scraps
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label