The Silhouette Miss Kate Cuttables Birthday Cake image create a fun and funky birthday cake that is great for masculine card. The cake was cut from scrapes of brown cardstock. The platter and candle base and flames were cut from Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock. The frosting was cut from scraps of a light orange/dark yellow cardstock. Copic Markers were used to add shadows and dimension to the elements.
A rectangle of plaid cardstock was cut using Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes from Lawn Fawn’s Perfectly Plaid Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper Pad. Darice Sticky Foam Tape was added to the back. It was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock using Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
The sentiment was stamped on the lower tier of the cake with VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.
The layers of cake and frosting were adhered together using Tombo Mono Multi Glue and then 3M ½” Foam Tape was added to the back for dimension. The platter was adhered using the same glue and then the cake was added to the top. The candles were tucked behind the top cake layer. The focal image was then adhered to the plaid rectangle.
I felt that the card needed a little more color and interest and so Nuvo Crystal Drops in Caribbean Ocean, Bottle Green, Crushed Grape, Ripened Pumpkin were added to the frost as if candies had been sprinkles on the top.
- Silhouette Miss Kate Cuttables Birthday Cake
- Art Impressions Chocolate Therapy Sentiment
- Ranger Fine Detailed Gold Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Nuvo Crystal Drops: Caribbean Ocean, Bottle Green, Crushed Grape, Ripened Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Copic Markers: E59, E55, E53; YR24, YR23, YR20