This is the final card I made using the Altenew Build-A-Flower Rose. My crafting friend wanted to make a purple rose, but she didn’t like the way it turned out, so I gave it a try. I think the challenge on creating these roses is to have variations in color, but ensure the tones of the colors used go well together.
I pulled out a watercolor cardstock from Paper Studio that had a beautiful corner of purple shades in light and darker. These were my base and first layer of the flowers. I then went through my scraps of purple to find two more colors that coordinated. This time I only used two layers for the leaves.
For this card I decided to pull out Avery Elle’s Horizontal Stripes background die. It has a lovely circle opening where I could nest the flowers and leaves. I cut it from white cardstock and adhered it to a top folding white cardbase.
The flowers and leaves were adhered around the circle opening with liquid glue and the sentiment was stamped in purple ink on one of the stripes.
For a final embellishment Clear Wink of Stella was added to the flowers and purple sequins were scattered around the flowers, with the centers being filled with Gold Stickles.
- Altenew Build-A-Flower Rose
- Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers
- Avery Elle Horizontal Stripes
- Altenew Deep Iris Ink
- Copic Markers YG67
- Purple Cardstocks from Scraps
- The Paper Studio Watercolor Multi
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Clear Wink of Stella
- Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden Sequin Mix
- Ranger Gold Stickles