My granddaughter recently had her 13th birthday. The years are passing too quickly. She loves parakeets and has two of her own. When I saw this cute stamp by Penny Black I knew it would make the perfect card for Aurora.
I colored the image with Copic Markers in her favorite colors of turquoise and purple. And the little parakeet was colored the same as one of her birds. Once coloring was complete I die cut the image using the Silhouette PIXScan Mat. The stamped image has long hair, so I manipulated the cut file to have short hair, just like Aurora. I traced around the image onto some Darice Sticky Back Foam and fussy cut around it, making it slightly smaller so it would fit behind the die cut focal image.
For the card front I die cut a rectangle of Turquoise cardstock I had in my stash with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and then dry embossed it with Do Crafts Small Polka Dot Hearts Embossing Folder. It was adhered directly to the front of a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock.
For the focal image I die cut a scalloped rectangle using a die from Gina Marie Designs. I placed the die cut image on the rectangle to determine where to stamp the sentiments from Penny Black’s Tweetie and Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments. I used Altenew Volcano Lake Ink. The focal image was adhered to the scalloped rectangle with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and then it was adhered to the card front using the same liquid glue.
- Penny Black Tweetie
- Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments
- Copic Markers: E55, E53, E51; E11, E01, E00, R21, R20; YG25, YG03, YG21; Y06, Y02, Y11, Y12; W5, W3, W1; C2, C1; V25, V22, V20; BG15, BG13, BG11
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangles
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- DoCrafts Small Polka Hearts Embossing Folder
- Altenew Volcano Lake Ink
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Silhouette Cameo PixScan Mat and Software
- Turquoise Cardstock from Scraps
- Neena Classic Crest 80# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock