We all need sympathy cards at times and I like those that are simple and elegant.
The flowers in Altenew’s Beautiful Day Stamp are beautiful. I stamped the image with VersaMark Ink on Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor paper and embossed it with Ranger’s Platinum Embossing Powder. Be sure to prep the surface with an embossing buddy tool to ensure the powder only clings to the VersaMark ink. To color the image I used Winsor & Newton Winsor Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Olive Green, keeping the colors light by diluting them with a lot of water.
Once the watercolor was completely dry I ran it through my Big Shot with the largest Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles. I cut a piece of Paper Accents Mirror Gold Paper slightly larger, which added a lovely accent to the edges of the focal piece and adhered them together with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
I then stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Prayers with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Platinum Embossing Powder.
All was adhered it to a cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock
- Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor paper
- Paper Accents Mirror Gold Paper
- Altenew Beautiful Day Stamp
- Hero Arts Prayers Stamp
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Platinum Embossing Powder
- Inkadinkado Embossing Buddy
- Winsor & Newton Winsor Watercolor: Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Olive Green
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles Die
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Sizzix Big Shot